This week has been crazy hectic for me! What about you ladies?! It doesn’t matter how busy or tired you are there is always room for a quick work-out. Here’s how to utilize that extra 10 minutes of your day!
1. Warm up: Get those juices flowing and lightly jog in place for 30 seconds.
2. Push-Up with a Side Plank: You’re going to do full push-ups (or modified push-ups by keeping your knees bent and your ankles crossed). Make sure you keep your butt down and abs tucked in, then lower yourself down and up. After you come up from each push-up, do a side plank. With your elbow under your shoulder, tighten your abs and push your hip off the floor, keeping your bottom knee on the floor, and hold for a second before releasing. Alternate sides after each push-up. Repeat this ab burner 10 times.
3. Lunge: With a 3 to 5 pound weight in each hand, step forward with one leg, bending at the knee. Drop your back leg down until the knee almost touches the ground. Be sure that the knee of your front leg doesn’t go past your foot. At the same time as you step into the lunge, lift your weights out to the sides with your palms facing forward. You want to make the shape of a T. Then push back into a standing position as you press your hands straight forward to complete the chest fly. Alternate legs each times. Repeat this 20 times.
4. Squats: Stand with your feet forward and shoulder-width apart, holding the weights at your shoulders. Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Make sure that your knees don’t go past your feet and keep your back flat. Then push through your heels and stand up, straightening your arms and clinking the weights together when they’re above your head. Lower your arms back to shoulder height and repeat 10 times.
5. Jump and Squat: No weights this time. With the same stance as step 4, squat down and then push yourself into a jump. Recover your balance before squatting again. Squat and Jump 15 times.
6. Plank it: Prop yourself up on your elbows keeping your body in a straight line. Make sure your back in straight from your head to your ankles. Do 3 sets of 60 second holds.
7. Bicycle: Lay on your back and bring your legs up, have your calves parallel to the ground. Hold your head with both arms and bring each elbow to the other side’s knee. Only count one when both elbows have touched both knees. Finish off with 2 sets of 30 bicycle crunches.
8. Cool down: Legs shoulder width apart, bend at your waist and reach down toward the ground. Touch the ground between your legs and hold from 10 seconds. Make sure you come up slowly so that you don’t get a head rush!!
GOOD JOB GIRLS!!